1. MP Craig Thomson delivered an hour long statement to federal parliament by declaring his innocence after allegations of misused union funds almost $500,000.
2. Prime Minister Julia Gillard promises to protect Australian jobs after the mining magnate Gina Rinehart employs more than 1700 foreign workers.
3. There has been reports circulating that Indonesian government ministers say Corby’s 20-year sentence has been cut by five years as part of a deal to release the people smugglers. But Foreign Minister Bob Carr says there was no deal between Canberra and Jakarta for the early release of Schapelle Corby.
4. Prime Minister Julia Gillard has announced a national review into workplace bullying. The aim of the parliamentary review is to look at the nature, causes and extent of workplace bullying.
5. NSW Greens MP Cate Faehrmann will run for a seat in the Senate at the next Federal election. She replaced Lee Rhiannon in the NSW upper house and has campaigned for the legalisation of same-sex marriage and voluntary euthanasia.